Friday, June 3, 2011

Tongue Twisted

So today I was telling Owen and his friends how to crack the coconut on the trampoline. I started to say, " You count to 3 and then y..." my tongue twisted as I tried to make an effort to think of the right word and the only word I could get out was "Ya'll." The language is getting to me. OH NO!!! Just for your interest, some other phrases or words they use here are, yes ma'am, no ma'am, Yes sir no sir and so on. Also, Instead of saying I am going to do this really quick or get this quickly, they say I am going to do this right quick. The first person i heard say it was mt neighbor, I thought it was just a funny phrase she used, then I heard most everyone use it as time went on. Some words they use are not so favorable. I don't here swearing too often, but I always here people take the Lords name in vain. that is hard to hear! I will keep updating you on the different language that is used here. One thing I really liked is how all of the kids say yes ma'am and sir and the adults too. It was hard to here at first just cause I felt old and that their normal short yes or no was prolonged. I am lazy when It comes to speech. If I can shorten I will!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment